Assisted Living & Senior Living in U.S.

Assisted Living Buffalo, NY

 

By submitting this form, you agree to SeniorGuidance.org's Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and agreement to be contacted by telephone.

Assisted Living Facilities in Buffalo, NY

Bristol Home

1500 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14209

Erie County

License #: AF0459A

Capacity: 55 people

Phone #: (716) 884-4371

Mary Agnes Manor ALP

307 Porter Avenue, Buffalo, New York 14201

Erie County

License #: AF0532B

Capacity: 230 people

Phone #: (716) 881-0565

Senior Living in Buffalo, New York

The second most populous city in the State of New York, Buffalo is home to an estimated 261,310 residents and was first settled by New Englanders. Today the city of Buffalo is mostly populated by Irish immigrants, as well as Polish, Italian, Jewish, African-American, Somalian, Sudanian and most recently the Latino population. This has all made Buffalo a melting pot of ethnic cultures! 11% of the Buffalo populations are seniors and 41% of those seniors are living alone. There are 4,226 seniors working in Buffalo and 20% of Buffalo seniors are veterans. In Buffalo, 51% of seniors live with their family with 64% being homeowners. The remaining 36% of Buffalo seniors are renters. Currently, there are only a few Assisted Living Centers in Buffalo. Current state median costs for Assisted Living Centers begins at $4,136 with costs expected to rise to $5,558 by 2026.

In considering Buffalo as your new retirement home, there are also many wonderful things for you to do while living here.

  • The Albright–Knox Art Gallery features works by renowned and cutting-edge artists, which includes both contemporary and modern works by artists such as Picasso and Warhol. These are all located in a 1905 Greek revival building.
  • There is also the Darwin D. Martin House Complex, also known as the Darwin Martin House National Historic Landmark, which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and built between 1903 and 1905 and is located at 125 Jewett.
  • If you’re an animal enthusiast, you’d love the Buffalo Zoo! The Buffalo Zoo features a range of exotic and endangered wildlife established there since 1875. Mammals, reptiles and birds plus kid-friendly petting area and shows in the country's 3rd-oldest zoo.
  • Buffalo seniors who love to experience the beauty of nature will love the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. Come to explore the majestic domes and greenhouses with exotic flora. The indoor and outdoor Botanical Gardens include a 67-ft. dome housing tropical palms, plus flower and light shows.
  • Next, older Buffalo residents don’t want to miss the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site.
  • Additionally, seniors living in Buffalo can plan to spend at least 3 hours at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park. The Naval and Military Park features ships, tanks and aircraft on display. It is a Military museum where guests can tour 3 naval vessels, see tanks and jets and view historical exhibits.
  • If you’re a lover of entertainment, you definitely want to visit the First Niagara Center, a downtown venue for sports and concerts near the waterfront arena that's home to the Buffalo Sabres and a host of major concerts and sporting events.
  • And for Buffalo elderly who have a love of Astrology and Science, the Buffalo Museum of Science may be perfect. Complete with a regional history and interactive exhibits, it is termed the region's natural history in focus with over 700,000-specimen collection, and a touch-and-learn kids' exhibits.
  • For Buffalo senior citizens who just want to spend a relaxing day strolling through one of the many parks in Buffalo then the Delaware Park – Front Park System is the place for you! The Front Park System is a serene city retreat with lakes and gardens and features many stone-arch bridges, lakes and landscaped gardens.
  • Finally, seniors living in Buffalo who love to hear the most beautiful music will love the Kleinhans Music Hall. The Kleinhans Music Hall is a renowned hall known for its orchestras and soloists and stands today as the landmark venue for singers and symphony orchestras.

SeniorGuidance.org provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Explore senior living options below: