Assisted Living in Schenectady, NY
Here are the 6 best assisted living facilities in Schenectady, New York and nearby. The facilities provide housing and care services to elderly New York senior citizens who need assisted living and help with daily living tasks. The list below also includes Schenectady senior living communities, as well as memory care facilities in Schenectady, NY and surrounding areas:
All Assisted Living Facilities in Schenectady County
Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center
600 McClellan Street, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: 335705
Capacity: 82 assisted living units
Phone #: (888) 595-9061
Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center is an assisted living home in Schenectady, NY in the 12304 zip code area that provides assisted living to a total of 82 senior citizens in Schenectady County.
Heritage Home for Women
1519 Union Street, Schenectady, New York 12309
License #: AF0058A
Capacity: 36 assisted living units
Phone #: (866) 892-7533
Heritage Home for Women is an assisted senior living facility in Schenectady, NY in the 12309 zip code area that provides assisted senior living to a maximum of 36 elderly individuals in Schenectady County.
3359 Consaul Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: AF0663A
Capacity: 78 assisted living units
Phone #: (888) 539-5370
Ingersoll Place is an assisted living home in Schenectady, NY in the 12304 zip code area that provides long term care to a maximum of 78 older adults in Schenectady County.
Kingsway Arms Nursing Center
323 Kings Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: 335466
Capacity: 160 assisted living units
Phone #: (877) 666-3231
Kingsway Arms Nursing Center is an assisted senior living facility in Schenectady, NY in the 12304 zip code area that provides assisted living to up to 160 senior citizens in Schenectady County.
357 Kings Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: AF0071B
Capacity: 140 assisted living units
Phone #: (888) 595-9061
Kingsway Manor is a senior living community in Schenectady, NY in the 12304 zip code area that provides long term care to a total of 140 older adults in Schenectady County.
Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
526 Altamont Ave, Schenectady, New York 12303
License #: 335014
Capacity: 240 assisted living units
Phone #: (866) 892-7533
Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is an assisted senior living facility in Schenectady, NY in the 12303 zip code area that provides senior assisted living to a total of 240 senior citizens in Schenectady County.
Senior Living in Schenectady, New York
Nestled in Schenectady County, the small city of Schenectady (ske-NEK-te-dee) New York is comprised of 66,135 residents. It's derivative name “Schenectady”, meaning “beyond the pines” takes its origin from a Mohawk word skahnehtati. Founded in the 17th century by Dutch colonist, the city redeveloped in December 2014 to include a casino gambling site along the waterfront with hotels, housing, and a marina. Currently, 11% of the Schenectady population are seniors and 40% of those seniors live alone. 51% live with family making 66% homeowners while 34% remain renters. Assisted Living Centers in Schenectady, New York cost between $4,136 and $5,558.
Schenectady is a delightful city to recline and begin your retirement years.
- If you enjoy learning about history, the Museum of Innovation and Science presents its educational exhibits and special events for learners of all ages. Come to explore the new planetarium shows and special events offered in this dynamic interactive museum.
- Next, there is the Nott Memorial, an extravagant 16-sided stone masonry building. The Memorial is considered both the physical and architectural centerpiece of Union College that's located in the city.
- Another great place for seniors to visit in Schenectady is the Erie Canal. Termed a historic landmark, the Erie Canal features its rich history and serene atmosphere for cycling and boating. Located in New York’s east-west cross state area, the Canal System runs about 363 miles from Albany on the Hudson River.
- An urban oasis compassed with trees, lawns, and swimming, Central Park is a great place for fun, relaxation, and meditation for seniors living in Schenectady.
- If you’re into movies, a great theater to visit is the Proctor’s Theater and the Movieland 6 Bow Tie Cinemas. These two locations offer the best in new shows and cinemas for both youth and seniors.
- Another great place to watch a good show is at the Schenectady Civic Players; this theater is known for offering the best theater deals in the Capital District.
- And for the elderly who enjoy strolling through a picturesque rose garden, you’ll need to see the beautiful Central Park Rose Garden; a great place for taking photos or a walk.
- If you’re a book lover, the Schenectady County Public Library is a great place to enjoy reading a conglomerate of books all at no cost to you. You may enjoy all of your reading pleasures for free!
- And if you enjoy exploring museums and historic landmarks, the Museum of Innovation and Science is an excellent place for senior citizens to discover.
- The Schenectady County Historical Society Museum is also another great place to consider the prominent artifacts, exhibits and sculptures depicted there.
- The Maple Ski Ridge is also another destination for residents to explore, especially during winter months for all of your skiing excursions. T
- he Schenectady Greenmarket allows Schenectady elderly to purchase fresh produce and foods. Greenmarket is deemed an excellent farmers market - so do not miss it!
- For seniors who love fish and the relaxing water waves, you’ll want to view the Via Aquarium - another great place to make a pastime visit.
- Lastly, other great places for Schenectady senior citizens to enjoy delicious foods and meeting new people is the Wolff’s Biergarten, Backstage Pub and Grille, and The Bier Abbey.
Come to Schenectady New York - a great place to learn, grow, and prosper!
Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Baptist, Protestant and Presbyterian senior living services may be provided in some Schenectady, NY assisted living facilities. Pet friendly services may also be available. Call (866) 892-7533 for availability.
Assisted Living Facilities near Schenectady, New York:
SeniorGuidance.org provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer's or Dementia.
Additional senior living options in Schenectady, New York:
If you are looking for senior housing in Schenectady, you may want to consider Senior Apartments in Schenectady, NY that include assisted and independent living apartments.
Are you looking for nursing home care in Schenectady? If so, check out Nursing Homes in Schenectady, NY and locate all skilled nursing options.