6 Assisted Living Facilities, Senior Care Homes and Senior Living Communities
All Assisted Living Facilities in Schenectady County
Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center
600 McClellan Street, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: 335705
Capacity: 82 people
Phone #: (518) 382-2196
Heritage Home for Women
1519 Union Street, Schenectady, New York 12309
License #: AF0058A
Capacity: 36 people
Phone #: (518) 374-6921
3359 Consaul Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: AF0663A
Capacity: 78 people
Phone #: (518) 370-4419
Kingsway Arms Nursing Center
323 Kings Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: 335466
Capacity: 160 people
Phone #: (518) 393-4117
357 Kings Road, Schenectady, New York 12304
License #: AF0071B
Capacity: 140 people
Phone #: (518) 393-4304
Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing
526 Altamont Ave, Schenectady, New York 12303
License #: 335014
Capacity: 240 people
Phone #: (518) 346-6121
Senior Living in Schenectady, New York
Nestled in Schenectady County, the small city of Schenectady (ske-NEK-te-dee) New York is comprised of 66,135 residents. It's derivative name “Schenectady”, meaning “beyond the pines” takes its origin from a Mohawk word skahnehtati. Founded in the 17th century by Dutch colonist, the city redeveloped in December 2014 to include a casino gambling site along the waterfront with hotels, housing, and a marina. Currently, 11% of the Schenectady population are seniors and 40% of those seniors live alone. 51% live with family making 66% homeowners while 34% remain renters. Assisted Living Centers in Schenectady, New York cost between $4,136 and $5,558.
Schenectady is a delightful city to recline and begin your retirement years.
- If you enjoy learning about history, the Museum of Innovation and Science presents its educational exhibits and special events for learners of all ages. Come to explore the new planetarium shows and special events offered in this dynamic interactive museum.
- Next, there is the Nott Memorial, an extravagant 16-sided stone masonry building. The Memorial is considered both the physical and architectural centerpiece of Union College that's located in the city.
- Another great place for seniors to visit in Schenectady is the Erie Canal. Termed a historic landmark, the Erie Canal features its rich history and serene atmosphere for cycling and boating. Located in New York’s east-west cross state area, the Canal System runs about 363 miles from Albany on the Hudson River.
- An urban oasis compassed with trees, lawns, and swimming, Central Park is a great place for fun, relaxation, and meditation for seniors living in Schenectady.
- If you’re into movies, a great theater to visit is the Proctor’s Theater and the Movieland 6 Bow Tie Cinemas. These two locations offer the best in new shows and cinemas for both youth and seniors.
- Another great place to watch a good show is at the Schenectady Civic Players; this theater is known for offering the best theater deals in the Capital District.
- And for the elderly who enjoy strolling through a picturesque rose garden, you’ll need to see the beautiful Central Park Rose Garden; a great place for taking photos or a walk.
- If you’re a book lover, the Schenectady County Public Library is a great place to enjoy reading a conglomerate of books all at no cost to you. You may enjoy all of your reading pleasures for free!
- And if you enjoy exploring museums and historic landmarks, the Museum of Innovation and Science is an excellent place for senior citizens to discover.
- The Schenectady County Historical Society Museum is also another great place to consider the prominent artifacts, exhibits and sculptures depicted there.
- The Maple Ski Ridge is also another destination for residents to explore, especially during winter months for all of your skiing excursions. T
- he Schenectady Greenmarket allows Schenectady elderly to purchase fresh produce and foods. Greenmarket is deemed an excellent farmers market - so do not miss it!
- For seniors who love fish and the relaxing water waves, you’ll want to view the Via Aquarium - another great place to make a pastime visit.
- Lastly, other great places for Schenectady senior citizens to enjoy delicious foods and meeting new people is the Wolff’s Biergarten, Backstage Pub and Grille, and The Bier Abbey.
Come to Schenectady New York - a great place to learn, grow, and prosper!
Other New York assisted living facilities:
SeniorGuidance.org provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer's or Dementia.
Explore senior living options below: