4 Assisted Living Facilities, Senior Care Homes and Senior Living Communities
Assisted Living Facilities in Dover, DE
State Street Assisted Living
21 North State Street, Dover, Delaware 19901
Capacity: 98 people
Phone #: 302-674-2144
150 Saulsbury Road, Dover, Delaware 19904-2776
Capacity: 96 people
Phone #: 302-674-4407
Heritage at Dover
1203 Walker Road, Dover, Delaware 19904-6541
Capacity: 80 people
Phone #: 302-735-8800
Westminster Village Assisted Living
1167 McKee Road, Dover, Delaware 19904-2268
Capacity: 99 people
Phone #: 302-744-3558
Senior Living in Dover, Delaware
Located within Kent County and founded in 1717, Dover, DE is established as the capital of Delaware. Dover’s unique city is surrounded by colonial buildings around a tree-shaded square. Dover is notably remembered for its wealth of museums and ruling in the Brown v. Board of Education case stating that the state’s “separate but equal” educational facilities for African Americans were illegal because they were considerably inferior to the same facilities for whites. Today, Dover comprises of a total population of 37,144 natives of whom 14% are seniors. Assisted Living Centers in Dover have a starting cost of $5,533.
Dover Delaware presents many exciting recreations and activities to engage in as a senior.
- The Air Mobility Command Museum honorably salutes those who served our country. This specialty museum is a great locale for a collaborative family or group outing.
- The Dover Downs Casino is a comfortable casino with friendly people and great service. It offers a variety of options - from harness racing to dining, exciting concerts, 24-hour live game tables, unique shopping and a spa! Come to recline and have fun times with friends and family.
- The Johnson Victrola Museum presents its magnificent acoustic music machine and other historical artifacts at its expansive specialty museum in Dover. Senior citizens can stop by to admire the highlights and life achievements of Mr. Eldridge Reeves Johnson, Delaware’s native son and founder of the Victor Talking Machine Company. Mr. Johnson was also a pioneer in the development of the sound recording industry. Come to participate and engage at the museum that commemorates his success.
- The John Dickinson Plantation is a historic site through the fascinating world of 18th century America! Step into history to explore the home of one of our nation’s founding fathers and signer of the U.S. Constitution.
- The Biggs Museum of American Art features a variety of decorative art, antiques, and furniture pieces by local artistry. The Biggs Museum seeks to develop and foster growth and appreciation of the fine and decorative arts from 1700 to present all across our nation, the Mid-Atlantic Region and specifically within its Delaware hometown. Dover elderly residents can participate in its exhibitions, public programs, and educational resources for not only the local community, but also the Nation.
- Spence’s Bazaar presents its unique attractions at its festive flea and street markets; come to enjoy delicious homemade foods, drinks, meats, and desserts while shopping at this unique arena.
- The Delaware Public Archives is a great library to discover your ancestry. The library presents an expansive variety of information for the inquisitive and curious alike. Come to explore your ancestral background and discover more information about your lineage and family history.
Dover offers an enriching retirement with many unique things to do and people to see. If you need a retirement with exciting activities to share with friends and family as well as unique, quiet time, you’ll love to make Dover your retirement home. It is a place that offers the comforts of a countryside home with the thrill of city life.
Other Delaware assisted living facilities:
SeniorGuidance.org provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer's or Dementia.
Read our expert articles on senior living: