3 Assisted Living Facilities, Senior Care Homes and Senior Living Communities
Assisted Living Facilities in Hockessin, DE
OakBridge Terrace at Cokesbury Village
726 Loveville Road, Hockessin, Delaware 19707-1519
New Castle County
Capacity: 49 people
Phone #: 302-234-4444
The Summit Assisted Living
5850 Limestone Road, Hockessin, Delaware 19707
New Castle County
Capacity: 120 people
Phone #: 302-235-8743
6677 Lancaster Pike, Hockessin, Delaware 19707-9503
New Castle County
Capacity: 66 people
Phone #: 302-239-3200
Senior Living in Hockessin, Delaware
Hockessin, DE is the home of the first Roman Catholic Church in Delaware where missionary priests from Maryland established the 1790 Coffee Run Mission. The population of Hockessin’s native residents today is 13,230 of whom 19% are senior citizens. Assisted Living Centers in Hockessin have a beginning monthly cost of $1,471.
There are many recreations, events, and activities to engage and participate in Hockessin. It is a place with many Historic landmarks, scenic venues and specialty museums to explore.
- The Ashland Nature Center is a nature and wildlife area in Hockessin that is open year round and features bird watching stations, exceptional educational programs, butterfly house and an overnight lodge for public and school groups. It makes a great place for senior citizens to spend quality time with friends and family exploring nature and its scenic beauty.
- Come to the Mt. Cuba Center, a local nonprofit botanical garden located in Hockessin where you can discover the simple beauty of natural habitats and grow an appreciation for native plant life. This wonderful botanical garden helps to enrich lives and teach people to appreciate nature and its benefits.
- The Rail Explorers presents its unique experience on its pedal-powered rail, suitable for both the young and seasoned alike. Equipped with trained guided tour guides at the front and end of each rail, your family can explore the scenic Delaware gardens and views on this 4-mile round trip ride through the Hockessin area to Mt. Cuba. Come to discover this unique experience with amazing views and lots of fun for everyone.
- The Marshall Steam Museum is a specialty museum that contains a “steam cars” showcase. It is a great place to spend time learning the life experience of those at the dawn of the automotive age. The museum features Stanley steam cars, two 1930s Packards and a 1916 electric car; it also references steam trains which were increasingly prevalent during the era. Come to enjoy rides in the historic automobiles and on the Auburn Valley Railroad, a great way for the Hockessin elderly to spend time with both friends and family.
- The Woodside Farm Creamery is a great place with great ice cream; come to enjoy your favorite ice cream specialties with those you love - don't forget to bring your grandchildren along. The Woodside Farm Creamery is considered by many locals the best ice cream around town.
- The House of William and Merry is an exceptional restaurant offering great food and excellent service where seniors can enjoy their delicious American and International Cuisines and have a good time with friends and family.
- The Redfire Grill and Steakhouse is an all American Steakhouse bar and pub in Hockessin that serves tasty steaks and cuisines in its family style atmosphere - great for family gatherings or just to spend time with friends. Stop by to enjoy a delicious meal and excellence in service.
- Lettie’s Kitchen is a restaurant for seniors and their families; come to enjoy delicious home cooked meals that are far better than average. Lettie’s American Cuisines offer great meals at affordable costs.
If you’re seeking a retirement with varying options on how to constructively spend your time, Hockessin presents many options for an enjoyable retirement. Come to explore the expanse of all Hockessin offers you and those you love for a comforting yet exciting retirement.
Other Delaware assisted living facilities:
SeniorGuidance.org provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer's or Dementia.
Explore senior living options below: